Friday, April 11, 2014

Art: My Mural

This project has been my favorite so far. I put so much time and love into this project and I plan on somehow getting it mounted, maybe on foam board, so I can hang it in my classroom someday. I had a difficult time deciding what I wanted to make my mural about. I have always told my daughter that if you have an opportunity to shine, then shine.
With that in mind, I didn't want to just settle on a simple mural or something that has been overdone. I again spent a lot of time pouring through images on Google, searching for inspiration. I finally tried to figure out what I've seen in my life that I loved. One of the many things I thought of was Yellowstone National Park. I took my daughters there this summer, it had been my fourth time visiting. I love everything about this place, so I decided that would be the inspiration for my mural.
I looked online to see if anyone had ever posted a mural of Yellowstone and I came across the most awesome website; They Draw And Travel. I love maps...I love vintage maps...and this website had the most amazing drawings!!! I found the inspiration I was looking for and...here's what I made:

No comments: