Friday, April 11, 2014

Social Studies: Our Shoebox

Wow. So today's class was awesome...and really difficult to prepare for. Our professor told us that for class today we needed to pack a shoebox with whatever it is we would take with us, assuming our family and pets are already with us, if we suddenly needed to leave town and the only things we were allowed to take were what we put in those boxes. What was most special to us...
In my box I put:
a favorite photo of each of my daughters
a favorite drawing from each of my daughters (when they were toddlers)
a set of nesting dolls passed on to me from my great grandma
my Bible
the necklace my husband gave me when we got married
I think this would be an amazing project to do in conjunction with a unit on WWII and how the Jews were forced from their homes and into ghettos. This could really be an eye-opening experience for a lot of children.

No comments: