Wednesday, November 12, 2008

He's Makin' a List...

...and so are they. The girls spent the afternoon circling pictures in magazines and writing out lists. Emily's list contains approximately 5000 items and Gracie's has about 6. Last night Emily said "Mommy, do you think Santa will bring me everything on my list". Uh...no, honey, I don't.



On the schooling front, yesterday we read about the Exodus in our history book which Emily thought was awesome since she's so familiar with it from the Bible. Then the girls painted up a shoebox diorama of the Red Sea. Check out Grace's little Israelites...



And in more school news...Emily finished 1st grade spelling. I'm so glad I got a deal on both 1st and 2nd grade books this year at the Fort Wayne Curriculum Fair because we were able to just jump right into 2nd grade. Now if we can just survive ancient history.

2 comments:

Tobi said...

Alice...your homeschooling sounds like it's going so well! I think you were meant to do this, I love what you are teaching them and I love to see their little projects! Good job mommy!!

Aleks said...

Oh how sweet to see your sweet faces, again. Can't wait to see you all this Christmas...