Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Night

Just wanted to share what a nice night our little family had tonight. When Mark got home from work tonight we all went downtown to "Big South Bend" as Emily calls it. We went to the big library so I could grab a book my friend Carrie said I would love. Now, Carrie is a children's librarian and a reading fanatic. I, am not. So whenever I need some good books I go straight to Carrie, and she has never let me down. This however is the first adult book she's told me I must read. Yikes! And, it's fiction. But she called it historical fiction and insisted I give it a try, so I will.

After the library we went to the South Bend Chocolate Company for ice cream by the fire. I had apple pie and Merkle had a muffin. But the girls had ice cream. Then we strolled over the astoturf of the College Football HOF and over to the Marriott to ride the elevators. I whispered to Mark that I wanted to try and prep for this weekends trip to Chicago where I will force myself to ride to the top of the John Hancock building. Which makes me want to throw up. Well, after shooting up 9 stories and swearing that I could feel the building sway, I remained calm and did it all over again. I hated it. Hated. It. What am I going to do on Monday when I'm faced with 95 stories!!! Seriously, you wouldn't believe the thoughts I've had going through my crazy, need to be medicated, head. Maybe someday I'll entertain you with those.

OK, then we came home, read 3 more chapters of "Because of Winn Dixie" and off to bed for the shorties.

Alice
Afterthought: does anyone else LOVE the new Geico song as much as I do? I always feel like, somebody's watching me...

No comments: