Thursday, October 29, 2009

So I spawned a couple of geniuses...

...who'da thunk it.

Today was parent teacher conferences. My kindergartner is reading at a 2nd grade level!! I was so proud I could have spit. She also told me that Grace is very well behaved and that she (her teacher) is always using her (Grace) as an example of how to behave. And that she is soooo quiet in class. Oh dear, I thought. We're not talking about the same kid! Crud, and I was so proud.

And Emily had a great report as well. Her teacher said there wasn't much to say since Emily hasn't been in class for too long. But have I mentioned that she was the only kid in her class to get 100% on this big CMA test. It's this language arts test that all the kids in 2nd grade and up have to take. They take a couple each year. She was the only one!!!!

Mama and Papa bear are beaming...

1 comment:

Lori Seel said...

Alice, your girls are beautiful & you and Mark are amazing parents!! I'm so sorry about PIT closing...I know how much you loved that job. Although I know that sending the girls to public school was extremely difficult for you, I know that you only want what's best for them. If they're thriving, then you've done a great job preparing for this. I'm praying for you! I love you!! Lori Seel