Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

Doesn't get any better than this...



Two little girls sitting at the top of the steps waiting to see of Santa came. Look at the stress on Emily's face. Poor girl. She really thinks there might be a chance he didn't come!
Guess what? He came...






The girls with their totally awesome brother Ethan.
They adore him:



Look what he drew for
me for Christmas...




It was a great Christmas. It has been the tradition the last few years that we spend Christmas Eve with the Kensingers and Christmas Day with the Merrills. It works out really well for all of us. We get to spend a lot of time with each family this way.

The highlight of my day was talking to my Grandma and Grandpa Salas on the telephone. I love my Grandpa's voice. I can hear in his voice how much he loves me. Then when I hang up I'm flooded with memories of them from when I was a little girl. Like cuddling with my Grandpa in the morning after staying the night there. Holding his hand. Always. He is a hand holder and I have always LOVED that. Watching basketball on their tv and wondering why the only books they had were nature books. I remember staying the night there and decorating trick-or-treat pillow cases (to hold lots o' loot). I remember my Grandma's jade jewelry box. And taking a HUGE gulp of what I thought was milk with my pancakes in the morning. It was buttermilk!
Buttermilk! Ever have that? Yikes!
I love you Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

Laura Kayt said...

great pics! I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Will you and the girls be able to attend Cloe's b-day party? I know she is only 3 buuuut she really likes Emily and of course both my kids love Ms. Alice. =)

I really like this blog you set up.
This is the first time I have been on here. You've been buSY!

Laura Kayt said...

that's supposed to read "Emily AND GRACE" I must have hit the backspace too many times. OOPS!