Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Okay, who did it?

So about 3 years ago I bought the prettiest curtains for our living room. They are the perfect color, a lovely sort of tweed. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago my 8 year old said "Mommy, our curtains are different." I told her she was wrong, that indeed they looked very different (from each other) but that was because the light was on right next to the one causing them to look different. Then last week Merkle says, did you notice our curtains are different? Coincidence?
Fast forward to tonight. We had our friends Don and Anne over for dinner and when we went into the living room to have coffee Don says (read: blurts out) "Your curtains don't match!!"

Okay, so for 3 years these curtains have been fine, now all of the sudden they don't match! AND Anne pointed out, in classic Monk fashion, that the "different"curtain also had very crisp pleats, not the older softer ones of the "original" curtain.

Let it be known that as of tomorrow my garage code will be changed. And, I want my old curtain back!

4 comments:

AnneW said...

To be referred to in the same sentence as our dear friend Monk is an honor that I won't take lightly. We will get to the bottom of this most mysterious happening.
-Anne

Alice Merrill said...

Can you hear me laughing?!?! YOU are a riot!

Anonymous said...

i am not telling you who I am but I did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I love you, Alice!