Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ever had a dream come true?

So, about a month ago my mom and dad, my brother and his family and my dear friend Anne and her family spent the afternoon at the pool. After becoming sufficiently water logged my mom and I were sitting by the pool talking and just for fun I asked her what she would do if $10,000 fell into her lap, no strings attached and she's not allowed to invest it. And without even taking time to think about she said she'd buy a horse and board it. Then she leaned over and in a giddy school girl tone she whispered to me..."Can you keep a secret?"

My mom bought a horse! A horse!

She's kept this UNBELIEVABLE secret for a few weeks so she could make sure the other girls at the ranch would let our sweet little mare into their clique and finally today the family got to meet her...her name is Sugar! And my little mares are BESIDE themselves!










2 comments:

Jen said...

Love, Love, Love this super sweet news. I can only imagine how excited the girls were to meet the newest member of the family! Can't wait to see more pictures...

Michelle Burry said...

That's awesome, Alice! The girls must be beside themselves! :)