Thursday, October 2, 2008

2 more days...

We are slowly getting ourselves ready to go on our big family trip. Two more days till Disney World! Actually, 2 more days until we hit the road. That's right...we're driving. See, I don't fly. Can't. Won't do it. Ever. Ever. I've been plagued with a fear of flying since I was a kid and a few years back I gave it a try. Never again!!! So, I've spent the last 18 months convincing the kids how great it will be to be able to see the beautiful scenes in Kentucky, Tennessee and so forth.


We had planned to take our dog to the kennel on Saturday morning but plans changed and we had to take him today. We won't see him again until the 19th!! I can't believe that I actually miss him.

He's such a pest but...so dag gone cute!!! And I just hate the thought of him sleeping on a cold kennel floor, and not knowing why. Maybe he'll think it's because of the latest Barbie hand he gnawed off. Maybe he'll return home so remorseful that the chewing will...finally...end...

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

Yay! Alice! I am so excited for you. Have fun! Be safe! And relax and enjoy yourself. Have you seen the new Disney commercial..."the time of your lives..." Love it!

Patty Knight said...

Have a wonderful time Alice. I've been more times than I can count, but I always get teary when I go back - must be the "kid" in me. Oh, and as for your third "child" - he'll be just fine. Just bring him home a treat and he'll forget all about those nights on a cold kennel floor.