Sunday, November 22, 2009

Where have you been!!

So, it has come to my attention that I haven't blogged in awhile...MOM!! I think I'd convinced myself that I no longer have anything to blog about since sending my kids to school and losing my dream job.

There has been a lot going on around here. Mostly cleaning. Here's what I don't get. Who shortened the length of the hour during the day? And why was I not informed? I'm telling you I send my kids off to school, come home, dance around the house to the sound of the angels singing hallelujah and then BAM! it's 2:45 and I have to go get them again. Wha??

So, I guess I should fill in my faithful readers...all 1 of you...Mom, pretend you didn't already know this...my dream job may want me back. That's right, for those of you who didn't already know this Pages In Time was bought and the new owners plan to reopen early 2010. We found out on the last day our beautiful store was open. Our boss had us in early so we could all eat breakfast together. She made a wonderful bounty for us. Egg casserole, little links wrapped in bacon and brown sugar mmmmmm soooooo gooood. Anyway, Uncle Harry the Midwest's premier liquidator mogul told us the store had been bought and guess what?? They want to buy the staff. They'll be here in 15 minutes to meet you. Arrgghhh...do I have anything in my teeth? How's my hair? Is my mascara running down my face? Arrrggh!!

Well, guess what? They were great! Really nice normal looking people. I hope they want me. They couldn't tell us much. Just that they wanted us to relax over the holidays and then email them to set up an interview. At that time they will let us know how many of us they can start with. I feel like that kid at recess..."oh please oh please oh please pick me" And all I can say is please let (okay I'm not naming names) be there. PLEASE!! (you are coming back aren't you ladies?)

Other than that...let's see...the girls had check ups and shots for Gracie. Is there anything cuter than kid size hospital gowns (when they're needed for something harmless):





2 comments:

Michelle Burry said...

Alice, I just wanted to let you know that I do read your blog - I'm just a lurker! ;)

AnneW said...

I read your blog EVERYDAY and wonder to myself (and occasionally to teh dog),"why has Alice Merrill blogged today? What could be so important that she doesn't have time to fill me in on what she is thinking? Doesn't she understand that reading this blog makes my day complete? Where is she?!!!!" After I utter those daily words, I get on with whatever I was suppose to be doing in the first place.
-Anne