Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, how did this happen? What? you say. That's my basement people! For 37 years I have managed to not host a major holiday and then BAM! 4 days before Thanksgiving I get it in my head that I want to do it. And I have to tell you...it was fabulous!
Let me introduce you to my family: In front with his back to us is my cousin Tommy. He's severely autistic. Doesn't speak, never has. Next to him is his mom, my Aunt Maureen, my dads sister. Then my mom, my dads BFF Rudy, my dad, my father in law George, the Grace is sitting on my mother in law, Janet's lap. Then Emily on Merkle's lap. Then my cousins Laura and Bill and Nathaniel, Laura's son.

My parents already had the turkey so they brought it over the day before along with their deluxe roaster thing. I read the directions and Merkle and I got up at 6 a.m. the next morning to wash it (dis-gust-ing) and throw it into the roaster. It was supposed to be done at 12-ish, eaten around 1. Well guess what? It was done 2 hours later at 9 a.m. and completely dried up by 1. I tried to rally the troops for a Thanksgiving Day breakfast but it didn't pan out.
I think Merkle must have put some Xanax in my coffee that morning because I was so calm and relaxed I hardly recognised myself.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALICCCCCCEEEE YOU FORGOT MEEEEE! I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving. I miss youuuu! I wish you would call me. I would like to go to China with you and Carrie.

Jen