Friday, July 15, 2011

McSlowLane

So the other day I took the girls to McDonalds for lunch. Not our usual one, nooo, we ventured out this time. So, we pull into the parking lot and the drive through line is all the way to the end of the building! Yikes! So, we decide to go in. There is no one, I repeat, no one in line at the counter. Turns out all the people in the drive through must have been regulars who go there often enough to know NOT to go inside.
So, I walk up to the counter very excited to know that since I am the only one there, we'll be in and out in no time. Wrong! It took 12 minutes to get our food. As I stood at the counter, mystified at the lack of, well, anything, I glanced at my receipt which showed what time we placed our order. There happened to be another sucker who had placed an order standing next to me and the time on our receipts was 12 minutes apart!!! When we finally did get our food, two of our drinks were wrong and we were missing an item. When will I learn to cook?

2 comments:

Michelle Burry said...

Wow! You must have gone to the McDonald's on Miami by me. Sadly, the drive-thru would not have been any faster. Or accurate. :(

Alice Merrill said...

BURRY! It WAS that McDonalds!