Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Joy of my life!

Well, it was difficult to top last years dreamy party at the horse ranch but somehow we managed.
The girls decided that since Santa had delivered a 90 ft. zip line to Grandma and Grandpa Kensinger's house last Christmas, they wanted to have their party at their house. And as if 3 acres of country life, complete with 1/4 acre pond, trail through the woods, frog catching, gynormous tree swings, pumpkin painting and zip line weren't enough, my dad decided to build a tree house!! That's right, a house in the trees!! It was incredible. It was complete with this awesome little launch pad for the zip line. It is an amazing tree house. The party was perfect. My mom and dad are awesome!
Funny story...the morning of the party I woke up and decided 3 hours before people started to arrive was the perfect time to throw together some indoor party games. So, I scanned PINTREST (my favorite new addiction) for some ideas where I happily found this:


So, I ran (in the rain) up to Hobby Lobby to buy a giant piece of foam board, some balloons and oh how about $60 worth of other stuff for the party that I had not yet purchased! THEN, I had to go (in the rain) to Meijer's to get some darts and candy to stuff inside the balloons and $60 worth of other stuff! THEN, I discovered that I had somehow managed to FORGET the foam board that brought me out (in the rain) in the first place! So, back to Hobby Lobby for that...straight home to pick up the fam...and down to G&G's for the party. Thank you A-dub for getting the balloons to tape (in the rain) to G&G's mailbox to let people know where the party was, since I didn't bother putting an address on the invites!!!! And again I tell you...it's weird to be me.
P.S.As you can see God cleared away the rain for us for the rest of the afternoon. It was the perfect day for an outdoor birthday party.
   

The next day we continued the festivities with Grandma and Grandpa Merrill at our house for dinner. And of course, the girls with their all time favorite cousins!



1 comment:

Anne Wierenga said...

I'm hiring you for GW's birthday, seriously. It was an awesome day! You have a gift. Happy Birthday girls!!