Wednesday, October 19, 2011

PSA

Years ago when I worked for the best grocery store EVER we were trained thoroughly on customer service, how to make our shoppers want to keep coming back. Well, one of the big things I took away from that training was this. When giving a customer their change, hand them their coins FIRST then their bills. Don't hand them a stack of bills with coins floating around on top.
This afternoon I was in line at a drive through and I saw the car in front of me get handed their change and then I saw coins fall to the ground. Then, when I pulled up the lady handed me my change with the coins floating around on top and of course it's rainy and windy and the coins slide off and onto the ground. When I opened my door to get my coins there was more than $1.50 in coins down there! She'd been dropping peoples money all day. So, just to recap:

1.) Coins



2.) Bills

You're welcome.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats why you were the worlds best counter girl !!

Anonymous said...

It's even worse when they pile the receipt on top of it all. I would much prefer the receipt in the bag so I don't have to fumble around trying to get everything where it goes. But they don't even ask!

mom

PS Sorry my dog peed on your floor. Not once but twice!!!