Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nowhere Else I'd Rather Be

I had the nicest day with my daughters yesterday.
We headed out at 9:30 to go to Target and Claires for some window shopping. I was actually trying to get some ideas of what they would like for their birthdays, which are fast approaching. Then we grabbed lunch and went to the library. Fridays are library day. That's my favorite day.

Got this book I've been waiting for for a while:


Sixteen of the world’s foremost photographers traveled to thirty nations around the globe to live for a week with families that were statistically average for that nation. At the end of each visit, photographer and family collaborated on a remarkable portrait of the family members outside their home, surrounded by all of their possessions—a few jars and jugs for some, an explosion of electronic gadgetry for others. Awesome book!

Got the info on that book from one of my favorite websites...The Pioneer Woman. Found here:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Picked up a couple new memoirs. To be honest, I should probably find a new favorite genre. Because in the past month I have read the best funny memoir and the best dramatic memoir. I should stop now because from this point on they will all be measured by these two fine books. And they can't possibly measure up.

No comments: