Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whew...

Well, today was the first day of school for Merrill Academy. I actually woke up at 7am this morning. I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night, I was so consumed with thoughts about today. But I did manage to drag myself out of bed on time and get our first day started at 8am sharp. We went over all of the expectations Daddy and I have for them, we went over the incentive program Daddy and I set up. And, the day went pretty well. Actually, it went great.

We got through all of the subjects we had scheduled for the day. Emily actually asked me if she could read to me. There was $ involved but hey! you do what you can, right? She took notes during history and actually liked the story. Hannibal. Seriously, the guy attacked his enemy with a herd of well trained attack elephants! What's not to like?

Grace did pretty good with her stuff. It's pretty light for her right now. I have to brag on her for a minute. My little 5 year old girl is such an amazing reader! That girl loves to read. She has been loving to read out loud to me lately, which I'm sure you can imagine is like hugs and kisses for me. To see her get excited about reading is so wonderful. I can't tell you how much I love it.

So, on the agenda for the year:
Bible
History (The Story of The World)
Math (Saxon)
Latin (Prima Latina)
Sewing Lessons (Jackie Gentner at Hancock...awesome!)
Swim Lessons (YMCA)
Cursive
Grammer
Handling $$ God's Way
Shakespeare Can Be Fun (Hamlet)
Answers (In Genesis) for kids
Poem Memorization
Scrapbooking (class to be held at my house)
Science
Some various lessons on reading maps, making analogies, christian hero's, that sort of thing.

Pray for us...I'm serious.♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome Mom and I am sooo proud of you for giving our kids what they would never get in a public school .... a strong foundation that starts with God !!

Mark

Heather Lee said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog...I get so excited when I see a new one. I know you will do great this year with school!! It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things planned!