Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacation all I ever wanted

....vacation got to get away. Ahh, the Go-Go's had it all right didn't they?
So, a bit overdue (not unlike every book I've ever gotten from the library), here are some vacation photos...Our first stop was the Children's Museum in Indy. Oyyy, was it packed. Note to self, schedule next family vacation during the school year.
The first exhibit was the Dinosphere. It was loud and had lots of flashing lights and screeching sounds. So needless to say this is how Emily spent all of the dinosphere and most of the Creation Museum:


Poor child. The museum was cool, the girls enjoyed it. Emily's favorite part was the walk through maze up on the 4th floor. Grace liked the dinosaurs the best.


Momma's favorite part was running into friends from church. 3 hours from home and we ran into Jeff and Jodi Toner and their adorable little girl Mallory at the museum. That was a nice surprise...
I also loved the walk through Egyptian tomb:


After 7 hours of that we went back to our hotel , isn't it pretty...

...and on to Caribbean Cove!!! We spent about 6 hours there and about $1000. Just kidding, but seriously, my kids love ski-ball and I can't stop watching them play it so I just kept pouring quarters into that darn machine. There is something magical about watching those little tickets spitting out.



And for the first time, Emily stood under that huge bucket of water that dumps out on the kids heads every 20 minutes or so. Yay!! She loved it!


This is Grace on the lazy river. Is it just mama bear or does she look way too bitty to be going down this alone?





So, a good time was had by all.
When we were done here we went on to the Creation Museum in Kentucky. Now THAT was awesome. I can't recommend it enough. I know this may sound tacky, maybe cliche, maybe (fill in the blank) but honestly, that trip to Kentucky changed my heart. I am so grateful that my husband felt so strongly about taking our family there. But, I must save that story for tomorrow, as I need to get this day started with my little bitties...

1 comment:

Heather Lee said...

We've been to the Cove too and loved it! It sounds like you had a great vacation.