Saturday, February 13, 2010

So I've know about the girls valentine's day parties at school for a couple of weeks now. And never mind the fact that most holidays do indeed come at THE SAME TIME EVERY YEAR. But, alas, I wait until two days before to fly into panic mode and decide to finally get things started. And truth be told, it may not have even happened then except that dear Carrie called my on Wed. and said "so what are you doing for the girls parties?" Now, mind you it's not like I have a job and 12 kids underfoot. I basically spend my days cleaning the house and reading. Less cleaning, more reading.
So, hearing the sheer terror in my voice Carrie agrees to meet me Hobby Lobby the next afternoon. That's the day before the party. We spend about 3 hours there with me agonizing over what craft to do. After we collect everything I need to make the cute-little-beaded-heart-in a-mini-shadow-box-with-ribbon-for-hanging craft, I glance over and see that stemmed silk flowers are on sale and oh how about we change the whole thing and do bright-pink-gerbera-daisy-flowers-wrapped-to-a-pencil-with-floral-tape-and-placed-into-a-hand-painted-terra-cotta-pot craft. heh heh.
So, I'm happy, Carrie has her stuff for her baby-food-snow-globe craft and we go to pay. Well, at that point I had no energy to go around the store putting away the mini-mountain of stuff I had changed my mind about so I plop it onto the counter and hope that the poor check out girl sees that as job security and happily puts it away for me. We buy what we need and head for home.
At this point it occurs to me that I also have managed to forget to get the girls valentines to pass out so after school we run to CVS and pick through the remains of what I'm sure were really cute cards. Then I come to my senses and decide the only way I can manage to get all the things accomplished that I need to (which did I mention that that evening I had dinner plans with some friends) was to call in my mom. Bless her heart. She comes to the rescue.
Now, because I have no end to the pain I will put myself through for a good craft, I decide to change it all back to the shadow box. So, I rush out the door when my mom arrives and head to Hobby Lobby to return my flower stuff and recollect the shadow box stuff. Oh. Dear. And who should I meet in the parking lot? Dear Carrie out again for the last last minute stuff she needed. Boy did we laugh.
Okay, recounting this story is making me dizzy.
Here's the end product:


Oh, and 20 of these bag toppers for the ♥-shaped
jelly sanwhiches I made for Emily's class:








No comments: