Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mommy, this is like a 1 day vacation...

So after school on Tuesday we surprised the girls with our 4th annual Merrill-Spring-Day-At-The-Beach day. We headed up to Silver Beach in St. Joe...is there a lovelier little town anywhere else in the world?...I think not. When we first arrived we strolled around checking out some of the local shops. Of course our favorite was Forever Books and their sweet dog Trevor. I love bookstore pets, dogs especially:





Hey! How did Gracie sneak her blankie out of the car? Ok, so then we headed over to see the shop Grace wanted to check out, The Easter Store she called it (because they had GIANT daffodils in their windows) but unfortunately they were closed. And then we got hungry and had our own little M-S-D-A-T-B miracle. JIMMY on the corner!!



Ok, so time to head down to the water...with a quick stop at the playset.






Emily kept shouting "I'm flying!"





It was soooo cold. Check out Merkle's blankie skirt:



My daughters are such climbers! I admire that about them. Emily just skipped right up that lifeguard tower. And from below it didn't look too high. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Yeah, not a bad climb but the view looking straight down gave me vertigo. Oy!










Do you know at one point I looked over and Emily had her HEAD in the water! I'm surprised she didn't get chunks of ice up her nose it was so cold! That girl can't keep herself out of water!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart always swells with love when I read your blog. I love you guys so much!

Mom

mikeksf said...

Such a lovely story of a day at Silver Beach.
Love
Unc M

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

Fun beach day pictures! You're so brave, Alice. I would have been afraid I would get in trouble for climbing that life guard station. :)