Friday, April 16, 2010

TEA Party

So seriously, how much fun was my first TEA party?



It was FULLY awesome! It could not have been more fun. The oncoming traffic on US31 was NOISY with all the honks and thumbs up and waving of American flags as people drove by. Who keeps a flag handy in their car to wave if need be? I'll tell you who...freedom loving Americans! That's who. Yeah Baby!



There were a couple folks who I'm sure accidentally raised their middle finger instead of their thumbs and there was one bright fellow who yelled out his window "Go back down south where you belong you confederates!" That got a good laugh from the crowd. Hey! I say if that guy likes paying taxes so much why doesn't he donate all his extra $ to the government?
.
Ok, but my favorite was the ONE protester who stood bravely across the street with his sign that read: Taxes For the Living, Not For Killing.
And I said oh, he's on our side. He's pro-life, why is he over there on that side of the street all by himself? My mom, bless her heart said he was surly trying to help out by covering that line of traffic. Wow, what a hard worker!
Well, there was still some confusion, mostly caused by the silly hippie peace sign scribbled into the middle of an O. So, me and my mom went across to find out. Turns out no, the guy fully supports tax payer supported abortions to kill innocent American babies! just not middle eastern TERRORISTS!!!! So of course I had to get my picture with him to add to my collection of hippie protester pictures for my scrapbook...behold...BTW, do you think this guy actually has a job and pays taxes? He was actually chanting (all by his lonesome self) "more taxes more taxes" Really?



November can not get here fast enough!! REPEAL! REPEAL! REPEAL!
Get Joe Donnelly and Nancy Pelosi OUT!



Oh, and here is link to the article the South Bend Tribune did. Mark and Louann Kensinger...yep, my folks!

2 comments:

Heather Lee said...

Alice, you are one of a kind sister! You've got me all hyped up just reading your post and I love it. I think your signs were excellent! FAIR TAX not more tax!

Aleks said...

Of course, you know where I stand on the taxes thing, right, Alice?

I just paid a hefty amount to Uncle Sam, even though I didn't have to. 'Cause, you know, paying taxes ain't bad, it's what a Christian ought to do gladly.