Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Middle Of The Night Scare

So last night I was laying in bed going through my routine of laying in bed for an hour trying to turn off my head and go to sleep. After about 25 minutes I heard a couple little bang-ee sounds and waited to see if someone was going into the potty but no one ever did. So I laid there for about 10 more minutes then thought I should get up and just check to make sure everything was alright.

So I peek into Emily's room and she's not there. I check Grace's room, not there. I check the potty, not there. OK, time to wake up Merkle. So Mark darts out of bed. Snoring to 60 in less than a second. So he rechecks the bedrooms then all the rooms downstairs. Living room, kitchen, family room, dining room, Ethan's room, extra potty. No Emily.

I'm cowering in the corner of our room on the verge of throwing up when I decide to scan the girls' rooms again and when I went into Grace's room for the 3rd time, Emily sat up from under Grace's covers and said "How did I get here?" Yeah, she's a sleepwalker. She got up and crawled into her sister's bed under the covers and disappeared from sight. And didn't even know it.

Yeah, she thought that was the funniest thing. Oh, my heart...

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

No way! Alice, I can't imagine and don't want to.

Oh my goodness.

Michelle Burry said...

Oh, Alice! Is that the first time Emily has sleep walked? What a horribly scarey way to find out! I guess it's a good thing that she didn't try to go downstairs. :S