Tuesday, August 24, 2010

*sniff*

Feelin' kinda blue right now.

Last May, as in May of 2009 my sweet girls got their ears pierced. Well, Emily had no problems whatsoever with hers. I think she probably could have changed them the day after having them pierced. But poor sweet Grace ended up with both of her ears infected. It was really a horrible experience. There was blood and oooze and all kinds of nasty things going on with hers the whole 6 weeks she kept them in. So, we let them close up. Now, that was 16 months ago! So, Grace wanted to try it again. Totally her idea. So, we took her back and had them done:
Well, for 6 weeks Grace has taken SUCH good care of her little ears and everyday she turned them. So, today she wanted to change them so badly but she was so scared. Now, let me tell you it is no easy feat trying to get the back off of someone else's earring. So I pulled and when I did it turned out there was a bit of dried up stuff and it hurt like crazy when it came out. She was crying, I was crying. It was turning red. AAAGGHH!! I didn't know what to do. I wasn't about to try to take out the other one. So, I figured I should put this one back in and clean it really good and just keep it in for a few more weeks.
My poor sweet child.
Why is it when your child has pain it wretches your own heart to the point of unbearableness?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happened to my Gracie. I was told to put Neosporin on them 2x each day. It took awhile but worked great. I still put it on everytime we change them. Of course, she still passes out (NO JOKING)when we change them, but at least they aren't infected!

-Anne

Pages In Time Forever said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Also, you might consider that she's allergic to the earrings - LOTS of people are. She'll just need 14 karat gold ones (or better!) and she'll be just fine. I'd bet money that's the problem!

I outgrew that allergy, btw, so I can wear just about any earrings now - but as a kid/teen, it was gold only for me!

-Becky